The first, second and third chakras associated with the rectum, sex organs and naval point are thoroughly exercised in this kriya. It gives flexibility of the spine and improves the power of digestion and elimination of waste and toxins. Warm up before doing this set.
1) Sit up straight with the legs stretched out. Bring the left leg under the buttocks so you sit on the left heel. Place both hands palms down next to the hips. Inhale deeply. As you exhale bend forward. Inhale as you raise up. Continue for 2 minutes.
2) Do the same as in exercise 1 but keep both legs extended straight forward. Continue for 2 minutes.
3) Lie down on the back. Inhale deeply. As you exhale, sit up, grasp the toes, and bend forward. Inhale and lie down again. Mentally vibrate “Sat” on the inhale, “Nam” on the exhale. Continue with deep breaths for 2 minutes.
4) Lie on the back. Raise the legs slowly up until the feet touch the ground over the head. This is plow pose. Let the legs back down. Sit up and grasp the toes. Continue alternating between plow pose and the forward stretching smoothly and continuously for 2 minutes.
5) Lie on the back. Bring the knees onto the chest and press them close with your hands. Extend the legs straight on the ground. Sit up and grasp the toes. Continue this cycle rhythmically for 2 minutes.
6) Bend forward and grasp the toes with the legs out straight. Do not let the go of the toes as you roll back on your spine until you are in plow pose. Roll back and forth without letting go of the toes. Continue for 2 minutes.
7) Relax completely.