1. Sit in easy pose. Make an antenna of the right hand fingers and block the right nostril with the thumb. Begin long deep breathing through the left nostril for 3 minutes. Inhale – hold for 10 seconds.
2. Repeat the first exercise, but use the left hand and breath through the right nostril. Continue for 3 minutes. Inhale – hold for 10 seconds.
3. Inhale through the left nostril and exhale through the right using long deep breaths. Use the forefinger and the little finger to close alternate nostrils.
4. Repeat exercise 3 except inhale through the right nostril and exhale through the left.
5. Sit in easy pose with hands in gyan mudra. Begin breath of fire. Totally center yourself at the brow point. Continue with a regular powerful breath for 7 ½ minutes. Then inhale, circulating the energy. Relax or meditate for 5 minutes, then chant long “Sat Nam.”
This set opens the pranic channels and balances the breath in the two sides of your body. It is often practiced before a more strenuous, physical kriya. It is also great to do alone whenever you need a quick lift and a clear mind.