Yoga Teacher Training
Personal Development for the Spiritually Inclined
The most powerful way to deepen your practice is to become a yoga teacher. This course is designed
to help you improve the quality of your life and grow a new career. As you gain leadership
and teaching skills – your ability to communicate and relate to others will transform in ways
that will serve your highest intentions. Our comprehensive ten-month program features ten
weekend learning modules, peer practice and practicum.
Limited space available. Reserve your spot today.
- Learn from successful teachers, entrepreneurs and studio owners
- Complete your training in 10 months, with flexible start dates and weekend modules
- Learn to teach 2 Styles of Yoga and Meditation
- Live class setting for all practicum classes – real feedback means real world ready
- Diverse students – enhances group learning
Module 1: Pranayama & Meditation
- Breath and meditation are key components of a Yoga practice
- Explore and establish a breathing practice and/or meditation practice for yourself
- Workshop includes guided experience and research to establish your practice
Module 2: Philosophy, Styles & History of Yoga
- Gain a greater understanding of the diversity of yoga available, the origins of modern yoga and how history has influenced the practice and teaching
- Consider how the history and philosophy of Yoga can influence your style of teaching
Module 3: Yamas and Niyamas
- Explore these ancient principles & consider how each resonates with you as an individual, how it impacts your practice, and teachings on and off your mat
Module 4: Personal Inquiry
- This portion of the program is designed to individualize your learning, take the opportunity to explore, research and apply an area of interest (style, purpose, philosophy etc.)
- One on one meetings with a faculty member to guide your inquiry and provide feedback
Module 5: Anatomy & Asana
- Learn the basics: muscles, bones, joints and ligaments and move beyond into functional movement and yoga asana/posture
- Explore energetic/ subtle anatomy: the ten bodies, chakras
- Practice postural analysis, in order to better meet the individual needs of your future students
Module 6: Sequencing
- Experiment with the order of postures in constructing classes
- Compare classical and creative sequencing of Hatha/Vinyasa, Movement & Kundalini yoga
Module 7: The Business of Yoga
- Considering yourself as an entrepreneur
- Marketing yourself as a yoga teacher, exploring opportunities and possibilities
- Setting and realizing intentions, while living the yoga
Optional Laughter Yoga Leader Training
- Obtain an additional qualification as a Laughter Yoga Leader
- Understand and explore platforms for teaching laughter yoga to groups of individuals
- Offering of this additional training to be determined by the number students interested
- Note that this training will mean one additional weekend
10 Things I Learned from Yoga Teacher Training and why this is for you
Student Needs a Teacher
To study yoga you need a guide, an expert, someone who’ll bring out the best in you!
It’s more Than a Hobby
Teaching Yoga is a commitment, it’s real study, practice and willingness to go beyond oneself
It’s more than postures
Training incorporates all facets – meditation, mantra, benefits of a pose, philosophy, and the power of
The Program Matters
What you will learn matters. A great teacher training program will depend on the studio’s reputation,
teacher’s expertise, methodology, accessibility of faculty, practicum, respect for the teachings.
These are the foundations for the this yoga teacher training program.
It takes time to develop, and it takes patience. But Patience Pays, as soon as you start – the process starts.
Expect the Unexpected
As you begin the yoga teacher training, things will change. Your ego will get in the way. Since Yoga and meditation strengthen the nervous system, you will be able to embrace and welcome the change and intensity of the experience.
You will learn to relax in midst of everything, and you’ll be able to help others relax as well. This is one of
the rewards of being a yoga teacher. Having this remedy is an incredible benefit.
Communication is Key
As a yoga teacher you will learn to project and communicate neutrally. It’s universal and a whole new way to connect with others.
The Path of a Yoga Teacher
Finding a teacher, committing to the teachings, deepening the practice, choosing the right
program, going step by step, being aware of the possibilities, and relaxing in the midst of it all is
what yoga teacher training is about. Following this path, I developed my inner light and have become a
teacher of yoga teachers.
The Power of One
You will learn the power of One. One person with the right training can do anything.
The ancient art and science of Yoga is vast. In teacher training you learn that each movement,
mantra, meditation and breathing practice has a nuance to offer, an entire body of information.
It is fascinating, in-depth, and enhances day to day life. It will become your new toolkit for
October 28th & 29th , 2017
November 18th & 19th , 2017
December 9th & 10th, 2017
January 20th & 21st , 2018
February 24th & 25th, 2018
March 24th & 25th , 2018
April 21st & 22nd , 2018
May 26th & 27th , 2018
June 23rd & 24th , 2018
Course Components & Overview
Training includes unlimited practice at YogaVision Studio for the duration of the program or access to podcasts.
- Minimum of 50 practice hours required to complete program
- Limited number of applications are accepted each month
- Call 905.819.8808 or email email@example.com to reserve your spot
- Payment in full is required
- $3200 Canadian plus tax
- No refunds will be granted 30 days or less, prior to start date of program, or thereafter.